Having a pet can be undeniably one of life’s greatest joys—nothing compares to the fun and companionship your furry little friend can bring. You’ll have someone to look after, and they’ll provide you with the emotional support brought about unexplainable fondness.
Becoming their best friends, however, can get a little messy. You’ll eventually be running around the house cleaning muddy tracks, or perhaps remnants of this morning’s breakfast. There’s also urine and other excretions to worry about, especially as your puppy or kitten goes through the process of potty training.
One of the biggest challenges associated with pet ownership is the removal of odours, especially concerning your beloved carpets. It’s a perplexing tax that can seem almost impossible to accomplish, but you will have to regularly tackle these challenges.
For this reason, you need ample knowledge and training. If you wish to learn more about the removal of pet odour from your carpet, here’s what you need to know:
Tackling Urine Smells
Urine odour can be an incredibly difficult task, and most homeowners deem such tasks to be next to insurmountable. You’ll need patience, dedication, and extreme love for your furry companion. To properly remove pet odour from your carpeting, take note of the following techniques:
- Purchase an enzymatic-based pet odour remover. These are specially made with natural enzymes, which are then designed to consume the natural materials causing the smell of urine. Simply pour the cleaner on the offending area, to be soaked thoroughly.
- Remember that time is your friend. Urine can be incredibly difficult to remove, so patience is a virtue. Allow your carpet to simply soak your carpet.
- For a more potent cleaning process, consider applying vinegar and baking soda. This concoction will smell strongly, but they’ll help break down the enzymes. You will need to wash your carpet thoroughly after, however, more to remove the smell caused by the vinegar.
Cleaning Other Pet Odours
Pet urine is one of your greatest enemies as a pet owner, but keep in mind that your furry best friend is also capable of giving off other unpleasant odours. They naturally come with smells that can be offending, which can affect your overall living spaces. You’ll want to nip the bud before it gets worse, however. Here’s what you can do:
- Purchase baking soda and sprinkle it on high-traffic pet areas. This could be their bed area, your couches, and other favourite corners. After sprinkling baking soda, make sure to vacuum your spaces thoroughly.
- For carpeted floors, it’s best to call for professional help. A deep steam cleaning process by carpet professionals can help leave your spaces fresh, eliminating any semblance of odour.
What Else You Can Do
Unfortunately, some odours can no longer be removed, no matter how hard you try. This is especially true for cat urine, especially if your pet frequents the area. No amount of baking soda, enzyme breakers, and deep cleaning will get rid of the unpleasant smell, so you will need to replace the entirety of the carpet.
The task can be fairly simple, and can be highly beneficial to the improvement of your overall home life. You’ll want to ensure that no urine has saturated the floor underneath, however, as your pets will still be attracted to the area. Any whiff of their old urine will bring them back to their old habits, so make sure to replace the affected flooring before your new carpet installation.
If you’re in the process of flooring removal and replacements, King Floors has you covered. We are the best carpet supplier and fitter in Braintree, ensuring that you get high-quality service and products. As a mobile professional, we bring our showroom to your home. Hassle-free and guaranteed excellence, we’ve become the first choice for many locals around the UK. Reach out to us—arrange a home visit today!